Microsoft Certified Data Analyst Associate – Course Outline
Analyzing Data with Self-Service BI
- Tour the Power BI Desktop user interface including, views, datasets, reports, canvas, fields pane, visualizations pane.
Connecting to Data Sources
- Connecting to data, configuring data relationships
Performing Data Cleaning, Profiling, and Shaping
- Use the Query Editor to clean and profile and shape data.
Visualizing Data with Power BI
- Create visualizations including tables, maps, gauge and number cards, combination charts, scatter charts, and KPI visuals.
Enhancing Data Analysis
- Customize visuals and pages, customize tooltips, create tooltips from report pages
Modeling Data with Calculations
- Create calculations with DAX, create calculated measures and conditional columns
Creating Interactive Visualizations
- Create Data Hierarchies, Filter and Slice Reports, Create Dashboards
Advanced Analysis Techniques
- Create a Calculated Table, Use Statistical Analysis: reference line, trend line, average line, forecasting. Add a Play Axis, Key Influencers, Decomposition Tree
Enhancing Reports and Dashboards
- Create report navigation buttons, bookmarks, alternate text, use Performance Analyzer. Add quick insights to dashboards, set dashboard theme, set data alerts. Set mobile layout for reports
Publishing and Sharing Reports and Dashboards
- Publish reports, refreshing data, create and manage a workspace. Configure row-level security.